InCentrik is seeking mid- and senior-level technical resources to join our real-time data practice who enjoy interacting and working with clients and strive to exceed client expectations.
Relevant experience includes having worked with data historians, such as OSIsoft PI, Yokogawa Exaquantum, Honeywell PHD, AspenTech IP.21, CanaryLabs, and GE Proficy Historian. Our main office is in Baton Rouge, LA.
Most work will be done remotely at your home office or onsite at client locations. We have clients across the U.S. and world-wide, therefore some travel is expected, depending on the project.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering of all types.
For the mid-level role, the following experience is required:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with installing, configuring, and monitoring historian servers and interfaces
For the senior-level role, the following experience is required:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with installing, configuring, and monitoring historian servers and interfaces.
For either role, the following experience and traits are preferred:
- Historian consulting and support experience, both at client sites and remotely
- Experience designing and implementing asset-based data structures, such as PI AF
- Experience working in the oil and gas, chemicals, pharmaceutical, and/or renewable energy industries
- Experience with hardware and software replacements and upgrades
- Strong knowledge of networks, including network security and communication protocols
- Server and interface maintenance, such as the implementation of security patches
- Programming experience with the historian APIs and/or SDKs using .NET (C# and VB) or Java
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving ability
Working knowledge of the following:
- Industrial networking topology, protocols, and infrastructure
- Industrial data historians such as OSIsoft PI System, Proficy
- SCADA and control systems
For the mid-level role, a successful first year will typically involve:
- Meeting clients for discussions on projects
- Providing input on project plans, architecture, and schedules
- Installation and configuration of historian servers and interfaces, along with system administration and monitoring tasks, for both new installations and upgrades
- Creating, maintaining, and monitoring historian data points along with system health monitoring
- Troubleshooting system health issues, from small, localized problems to system-wide problems involving other related systems
- Creating data visualization displays and reports using vendor tools or programming
- Creating sections of standard procedure documentation
For the senior-level role, a successful first year will involve some of the above tasks as well as:
- Providing clients and our internal business development team with industry knowledge, common client trends and concerns, as well as vendor road map knowledge for various historians
- Meeting with multiple clients for introductory discussions and working on both short- and long-term projects
- Providing scoping, scheduling, and planning for projects, such as engineering studies, upgrades of existing systems, implementations of new historians, and application development involving historians and integration of multiple types of related systems
- Creation and oversight of standard operating procedure and best practice documentation
- Providing technical oversight to more junior resources on real-time data projects as well as across the company when needed on various SCADA, cybersecurity, and IT Integration work
- Designing system architecture, installation, and configuration of servers, interfaces, and user tools for both new installations and upgrades for both software and hardware
• Staying abreast of the latest network security practices and their impact on historians and related systems
- Communicating proactively and clearly with clients, colleagues, and management regarding progress, risks, and proposed solutions and improvements
- Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent hands-on experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in Industrial Operation Technology
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex production issues.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to facilitate interactive design and functional specification sessions.
- Must be a “team player” able to work with management in developing and implementing new processes and enabling systems. Able to work with end user groups to define application needs and identify feasible solutions.
- Strong analytical problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to meet objectives and effectively multi-task.
- Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to motivate others and a customer-focused service attitude.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Virtual Workplace
Travel Required: Yes 25% travel required – extended travel as need for special projects
InCentrik Company Benefits
Company recognizes the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off (PTO). Employee accumulates 80 hours/year (accrued incrementally each pay period). Any accrued hours over 120 will be lost.
- Paid Holidays. Company will provide 2 weeks of holiday pay per the InCentrik Employee Handbook.
Jan 1st, Floating holiday (MLK, Mardi Gras Tues, or Good Friday), Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Birthday off.
- Health Insurance. Company will contribute full amount each month for Health Insurance costs per InCentrik Employee Handbook.
- 401k. Company will match up to 3% of a base salary to 401k per the InCentrik Employee Handbook.
Who We Are
InCentrik is a consulting, engineering, and technology integration services firm. We service projects worldwide. Our strength lies in our expertise across operations technologies and our domain knowledge in various industries including but not limited to oil and gas, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, discrete manufacturing, continuous and batch manufacturing, food and beverage, energy and facilities, agriculture.
We are an OSIsoft Premier Tier Partner with multiple OSIsoft accredited resources on staff. We also provide services related to SCADA, industrial automation, solar and telecommunications infrastructure, software development, and big data/IIoT.
InCentrik is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.